Air pollution isn’t only a problem outside your home.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indoor air quality is a major health concern in America. Thanks to the increased efficiency of windows and HVAC systems, the air inside today’s homes and workplaces is often stagnant, leading to an increase in contaminants including viruses and bacteria.
Shocking Facts About Indoor Air Quality
- Indoor air can be up to 100x more polluted than outdoor air.
- Poor indoor air quality is a leading cause of respiratory illnesses
- Allergy attacks, asthma attacks, and other respiratory issues aggravated by poor indoor air quality cost Americans over $100 billion in health care and lost revenue each year.
- Bacteria, viruses, fungal spores, and synthetic contaminants can all travel through and linger in your indoor air.
Here at Allgeier Air, we’re dedicated to keep the air inside your home clean and healthy. That’s why we offer HVAC inspections, electronic leak detection, carbon monoxide detection services, and other air purification products to help identify and treat the sources of air pollution in your home or business.
In addition to calling the air quality experts at Allgeier Air, there are some easy steps you can take to prevent and remove airborne pollutant build-up in your home or business.
What Is Contaminating Your Indoor Air?
Common sources of indoor air pollution include products and appliances that we use on a daily basis, including:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Smoking cigarettes/pipes/vaporizers
- Building materials and furnishings such as: asbestos-containing insulation, newly installed flooring, upholstery or carpet, cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products
- Household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobby-related products
- Central heating and cooling systems, and humidification devices
- Excessive humidity
- Outdoor Air Pollution
Want To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality?
Call the experts at Allgeier Air today. We can perform a thorough HVAC inspection and recommend indoor air filtration and purification services.